Ok, so it’s been over 20 years since I tied the knot. In that time, my world has changed dramatically with the arrival of kids as well as other life developments. Meanwhile, the world around us has changed immensely too. Not least with regards to travel and holidays.
In truth, it’s unlikely that another honeymoon will happen. After all, we have far more important priorities in our lives. Still, a girl can dream!
Back in my day, Dubai simply wasn’t a honeymoon destination for the average couple. However, visiting the U.A.E has become more accessible than ever. Of course, I wouldn’t turn back time to change anything about that special time in my life. Nonetheless, I have no doubt that Dubai would be an amazing place for newlyweds to spend their first vacation as a Mr&Mrs. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Romance could easily be embraced. From casual walks along the beach to special brunch deals, Dubai is a paradise for loving couples. The fact that the destination is accommodating for visitors ensures that luxury would be available at every stop. Best of all, though, what could beat watching the sunset and rise as a newlywed couple.
- Dubai also offers the chance to create those magical memories that would last a lifetime. Whether it’s touring the Arabian desert or taking a scuba dive doesn’t matter. Those are the moments that last a lifetime and can make you smile even if your darkest moments. Of course, other destinations offer them too. However, Dubai’s incredible facilities and unique charm should not be ignored. Think of the holiday snaps you’d get too!
- The weather would almost certainly be great too. I’ve spent far too many day trips, short breaks, and holidays locked inside due to adverse weather. The UAE doesn’t pose that problem. As long as the right precautions regarding clothing, sun lotions, and water are taken, it would be fun from start to finish. Without that enjoyment, what’s the point of the honeymoon anyway?
- Hotels and holiday apartments throughout Dubai offer great comfort for couples. It’s great to have those exploration opportunities available. Nevertheless, after the hectic nature of preparing for a wedding (I still remember it now), there’s nothing like relaxing for a few days. The most expensive hotels in the city are probably off-limits, but even the more affordable ones offer immense pleasure. This can have a telling impact on the overall enjoyment – as anyone that’s ever had a bad hotel can confirm.
- It has something for all the family too. If we were to do a second honeymoon, the kids would be coming too. Given that virtually all of our trips are child-friendly solutions, it’s safe to say this would be too. With great hotel facilities and an array of family attractions on offer, the kids wouldn’t get bored. Quite frankly, at my time of life, that’s probably the most attractive feature of all.
In conclusion, if I were getting married at any stage in the next few years, I’d want my honeymoon to be in Dubai. But if the hubby wants to treat me to a holiday there anyway, that would be just fine.